[OM] Re: element repairs and stuff relating to the 8mm fisheye although

Subject: [OM] Re: element repairs and stuff relating to the 8mm fisheye although also relevant to other lenses
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 11:52:25 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, swisspace wrote:

> Thanks I have just had a look at their website and I am semi- tempted to
> have a go at this myself, the problem is centreing, but I should be able
> to do this  and if I get it wrong it can be seperated and retried - but
> before my wife says you'll only be saying damn has anyone on the list
> done this.

Be careful, the tolerances for alignment are very tight.  Remember how
difficult it was to get that second element out?  If your alignment is even
the slightest bit off you won't be able to get your element to fit back
into the tube.  I'd say you've gone well beyond the point where this is a
DIY job.  Send it off to somone who deals in this stuff if you want it to
be fixed beyond what you've already tried.
                                        -mark