[OM] Re: [Kinda OT] Viewing images on a laptop as you shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: [Kinda OT] Viewing images on a laptop as you shoot
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:40:54 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>The 20D comes with software called "EOS Remote" that does what you
>describe.  It may come with higher end Canons as well but is not
>available from Canon for the 300D, 350XT, 10D, etc.

My Digital Rebel(300D) came with Canon Remote Capture v. 2.7.5. The
readme file indicates it works with the 300D. There are a whole lot of
detailed lists, a complex chart and caveats about use and functions with
various models of Canon digicams. prosumers and DSLRs, but most seem to
be about things I wouldn't use anyway.

I haven't tried this with the 300D, but the earlier version that came
with the S110 worked fine. Pretty sure the version that comes with the
5D Rob is planning to rent should do the job.

Moose