[OM] Re: element repairs and stuff relating to the 8mm fisheye although

Subject: [OM] Re: element repairs and stuff relating to the 8mm fisheye although also relevant to other lenses
From: Jim Brokaw <j.l.brokaw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:37:37 -0800
on 11/8/05 1:57 AM, swisspace at swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 3.  I just leave it and put it all back together and use it.
>
> another thought but now I have the lenses in reasonable condition,
> assuming they are separated could they not be measured by an optician or
> their lab and then new ones made with equivalent strength and refractive
> index etc, I am assuming technology has  given us some benefit ;-) and
> if one set can be made then two or more could be made to help the others
> on the list - OR am I just looking at things far to simply.

I'd love to look into this option... I suppose a custom ground lens element
wouldn't be cheap, but it might be the -only- way I'll ever get the ones I
need. I have assumed that due to the way these elements seem to attract
fungus and the way my element literally dissolved in the vinegar that it
might be some special refractive-index optical glass... but I guess only
Olympus could say for sure about that. I need to know a mole in the Olympus
Japan office, I guess <g>.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...