[OM] Re: First computer pics [was Megapixels]

Subject: [OM] Re: First computer pics [was Megapixels]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:54:54 -0800
Jim Brokaw wrote:

>on 11/8/05 1:49 AM, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>>But I built a computer that would fit on a desktop in 1968. Plus one
>>non-tech shot to show I shot some of the same things back then as now
>><http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Analog/>.
>>

>Pretty cool Moose! I bet you could sell it on eBay as ultra-high-end audio
>gear (...with "valves") and get five figures...! <g>

I never actually owned it. I built it for some lab at Cal. For display,
you needed an oscilloscope. It could model some things rather simply
that would be very expensive on the 7090/7094 mainframes of the time.
And I suppose they didn't have a display where you could watch the process.

A fun thing to build and play with, but didn't do anything I needed at
home.

Moose