[OM] Re: element repairs and stuff relating to the 8mm fisheye although

Subject: [OM] Re: element repairs and stuff relating to the 8mm fisheye although also relevant to other lenses
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 11:39:55 +0100
Normally I would agree with this, however as it seems that just a soak
in acetone will completely separate the elements then I can't see any
harm in attempting to re glue them  and if I fail then could I not just
separate them again and then send them off if I am unsuccessful,
assuming acetone doesn't harm the element

most of the glues seem easy to work with, I found this place
http://www.emsdiasum.com/Summers/optical/cements/

but will probably go with the clear glue in a red tube john suggested
(from microtools europe) now I just need to find some v blocks and
follow the procedure given here

http://www.emsdiasum.com/Summers/optical/cements/manual/manual.html

  I haven't done anything yet and hence posting here for opinions before
I do, so I am not being completely reckless.

Ian