[OM] Re: http://lists.tako.de/html/Olympus-OM/2005-11/msg00720.html prob

Subject: [OM] Re: http://lists.tako.de/html/Olympus-OM/2005-11/msg00720.html problem?
From: David Carter <spotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:17:07 +1300

thanks Moose &Andy,
especially Moose, for without his reply to Andy, I never would have
discovered that I was missing the email from Andy. However it did make it
into our archives ...

David

Moose wrote: andy pang wrote: I had an OM2sp jammed on the winding gear. I
open up from the bottom plate and compare the gears with my another OM2SP,
good one. Turn out that the gears somehow "overwound" and click on the wrong
place and got stuck. Since Igot this 2SP cheap, I might as well test my
skillthen. I just unscrew a fewscrews around the gearing mechanism, move the
gears to its "normal" position (compared to a good one), and voila, it is
working again. My wife did give me a real big complement this time, for at
least not to messup another camera. I've done that too, on other OM bodies.
You don't really need to unscrew anything but the bottom plate screws to
reset it. The problem is that it will happen again unless you are careful to
wind slowly each time. The longer term solution is to clean all grease off
the latches that catch in the rotary mechanism detents. What happens is that
the grease makes the latches move a little too slowly. So if the rotary
mechanism is moving too fast, it goes by without being stopped by the
info: http://www.zuikoholic.com[1] List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx[2]

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.zuikoholic.com
   2 mailto:olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx