[OM] Unstuck

Subject: [OM] Unstuck
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:41:05 EST
The problem with the focusing stage and bellows being stuck together has
been solved. Before I tell what worked, let me share that which didn't.
Muscle,
more muscle and still more muscle, boards and other objects used to get  a
little leverage/torque going, alcohol soaks, acetone soaks (carefully), heat
from the hair dryer and probably another method or two.  In desperation I
finally decided I would use some tools on the knob.  I went to the local
hardware
store (Home Depot) to see if I could find some kind of rubber band to  protect
the knob before I applied the channel locks or vise grips.  They  had nothing
 which would work, so I said to my self, "go check out the  tools, maybe
something there would work without destroying what you are trying  to
separate."
well I found it and it worked like a charm.  The  product?  A strap wrench,
which is a plastic handle with a piece of rubber  which loops through it and
tightens up and won't damage whatever it is attached  to.  Worked on the first
try and I've been messing with this thing for  about two weeks.  I could see
any
heavy residue from glue on the parts when  I got them apart.  So it was
either just jammed or had a little super  glue.   So this is a happy ending to
story.  Patience paid  off.  Maybe it was perseverance.  Bill  Barber