[OM] Phasing out.....

Subject: [OM] Phasing out.....
From: "Roger Key" <rogerdkey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:24:47 +0100

I have just become the proud owner of an E-500 kit, with 14-45 and 40-150
lenses. One of Denmark's remaining photo chains (Bingo) held a photo fair in
one of Copenhagen's shopping centers, and one of the 'offers' was an E-500
kit at a very good (for Denmark) introduction price - 6499 DKK (including
25% sales tax) = 575GBP or 1025 USD.

The thing that surprised me was when I chatted with an Olympus rep; he told
me that my C-7070 Wide Zoom, which has just received an EISA award for
European Compact camera 2005/6, has recently been discontinued, evidently
because the E-500 price is low enough to diccourage purchasers! The C-7070
was announced on 5th. January this year. I noticed that the 7070, which is
very well built, is made in Japan. Can it be that all Olympus cameras will
be built in China in future?

Roger Key