[OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop RAW converter question
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:11:27 -0800 (PST)
"C.H.Ling" wrote:
> As many of you are talking about RawShooter Essentials, I
> download the
> latest version and try it out again. The results said for
> itself:
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/RAW/RAW.htm

Thanks for your test. I'll be doing some scientific comparisons,
myself.  In looking at your samples, I was quite intruiged by
the first set of pictures of the barrels. At the bottom of the
frame is some lettering on the barrel. In the RSE sample, there
is an apparant increase in detail/sharpness over the others.
This is also reflective of my own testing.  As to the other
concerns, I'm too early in the process to make an educated
comment other than to say that the Olympus Viewer's converter
still hangs in there extremely well and provides me with
slightly better colors than other converters. (as does the
built-in conversion in-camera).

This, folks, is exactly why you always keep your RAW files
around.  You never know when somebody will come up with a better
converter that turns your 5MP files into 22MP files.

AG

http://farechase.yahoo.com