[OM] Re: Cleaning dusty mirror/finder?

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning dusty mirror/finder?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:47:25 -0500
If the dust spec is in focus on the OM-4 then it's probably actually on
the bottom of the screen.  My first choice would be a new, soft bristle
artist's paint brush to brush the dust away but I wouldn't have any
qualms about brushing lightly with a Q-tip either.

If the dust spec isn't in focus then it's on the top of the screen or
the bottom of the prism.  The brush should still work but you'll have to
take the screen out to get to where the dust is.

I have washed screens in warm water with a tiny amount of liquid soap in
a wash basin.  Rinse very well and lightly pat dry with paper towel or
tissue.  Don't rub.  I have also cleaned mirrors (after brushing) with
Q-tips dampened with alchohol.  Use lots of Q-tips and don't rub hard.

I'm sure you'll get 100 more do's and don'ts here soon.

Chuck Norcutt