[OM] Re: BIN 18mm f3.5, $400

Subject: [OM] Re: BIN 18mm f3.5, $400
From: jeff-keller@xxxxxxx (Jeff Keller)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:12:10 +0000
With equipment I don't know anything about (which would include this) I'm very
cautious. Many years ago some of the camera magazine tests showed that many 3rd
party lenses tended to exaggerate: a 20mm lens might really be a 21mm lens; a
f3.8 lens might really be a f4 lens etc. I would rather wait longer to find an
affordable user Zuiko 21mm/3.5 with clean glass than bet on a lens which I
don't know anything about.

For taking photos few people can justify having every focal length available.
If I buy something used that I'm interested in I can play with it then
theoretically sell it for nearly what I paid. However the cheap stuff doesn't
seem to get sold. It just hangs around. Your Mileage May Vary.

-jeff