[OM] Re: Have you noticed

Subject: [OM] Re: Have you noticed
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:55:24 -0800 (PST)
Geez,
I have to go and check myself.  What's happening with my English?
Your interpretation is the correct one, Andrew.
The real reason for asking the question in a first place was, because it looked
possible to attach a Zuiko lens in front of the A200 as a telephoto option.
This option costs a little more than if I went with an accessory lens from
Minolta, but I was willing to spent it if the list agreed.
Thanks for clarifying.
Boris

I'm confused. Most people read this to mean a non-Zuiko lens in OM
mount being used on a non-Olympus camera via an adapter. However, you
mention using a camera that fits non-OM Zuikos so I read that as
possibly meaning a camera which fits Zuiko lenses but that aren't in
OM mount. Off the top of my head I'm guessing you're thinking of using
a Pen F or an old Olympus folder. If that's what you meant then I'd
argue you're fine.

I think the TOPE has been somewhat broadened to e a gallery of
pictures taken with a lens and/or body that says "Zuiko" or "Olympus"
on it. So 3rd party lenses on an OM body are fine (presumably also 3rd
party lenses on a Oly DSLR) as are Zuiko lenses on any body. That's my
thinking anyways. Normal disclaimer about not being the maintainer of
the gallery or having any say in the actual rules for the TOPE, void
where prohibited.