[OM] Re: Oly Woes

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Woes
From: Ali <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:42:14 -0500
My thought is that they offered such a good price and then backtracked
probably because everyone else is charging a regular street price. They
probably hope people cancel the order. However, your theory also makes
sense. I had the issue escalated to a supervisor today, hopefully they
will get me an answer.

Amazon is better...they tell you that the item is NOT available and give
you an estimate date the item will be in stock.

Dell's reputation seems to be getting worse, esp their reputation for
Customer (NO) service.

They have done a pretty good job in the past of shipment notifications.
BUY.COM is perhaps the worst at Shipment Notifications, esp when they
via the Postal Service.

Anyhow - I am going to stick to my guns and make sure I get that camera.
I had to do some serious negotiations with the wife to get her to OK
this purchase!! 8-))

- Ali