[OM] Re: Oly Woes

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Woes
From: Ali <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:05:40 -0500
What stinks is that the average person hasnt really heard of Olympus. I
was in a local Walmart the other day, standing in the digital camera
section, checking out the nifty PS digicams. A young couple came
strolling over and were looking at the camera's - a Walmart "photo
expert"/salesperson walked over to assist the couple. The couple told
the kid they were just starting to gather interest in a digital camera
and asked his opinion. The "photo expert" told the couple that in his
estimation.....KODAK is the best! He proceeded to tell them - "for
Can*n/Nik*n/Etc - you are paying more for a name". I felt like butting
in and saying take a look at the Olympus 800  but I kept quiet and
walked away. Ok - maybe Walmart is a bad example but even even at local
camera shops you'd hard pressed to find an Olympus.