[OM] Re: E-1 best bet

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 best bet
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:23:11 -0500
Dealers without brick and mortar stores were at first completely barred from
the E System.  That's changed, but Olympus requires dealers to constantly
have several thousand dollars worth of E system items in stock at all times.
I not in a position to do that, and with other dealers actively advertising
prices below net (by financing the discounts with their own money) there's
simply no reason to sell it.  I sell the MF-1, E-300 and 500 and all the
other accessories, and order them as I need them.  If Oly has them in stock,
I get them in 1 day.
Update on the move of Olympus to Pennsylvania:  Last I heard through the
grapevine, Service, Parts and Distribution are staying where they are on
Long Island.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY 11743