[OM] Re: Oly Woes

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Woes
From: LostKase <lostkase2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:26:44 -0800 (PST)
A few of the Dell machines have been victims of the faulty capacitor fiasco. If
you can document a leaking capacitor they may come clean, even out of warranty.

  Bob Docherty

Ali <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I am trying to help OLY if only they would quickly stock the E-500 at
retailers!! Now the ship date from Dell 11/29!!

Speaking of Dell....if you own Dimension 4600 and its roughly a year old
- chances are your power supply will blow! Someone brought a dead 4600
to me for repair...after quick research I found out that the power
supply issue is common in the 4600. However, even after replacing the PS
- the mobo is fried as well. NOT GOOD! Dell wont cover it when its out
warranty....even a month outside.

Oly makes the M-Robe music/digicam. Nice lil device but the camera is
like 1 or 2mp. I think people consider it a toy rather than anything
serious. The price on the m-robe dropped significantly.

List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx