[OM] Re: Oly Woes

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly Woes
From: "Jeffrey Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:18:26 -0800
Very few manufacturers test incoming parts. A vendor can make a change to
their process that "should" be harmless put proves otherwise to the computer
manufacturer.
Although Dell's customer relations have gone down, so far I haven't seen any
problem with their hardware (four have been running for years two new ones
powered up fine in the last month). The Logitech wireless keyboards that
came with them died, the Compaq computers weren't as old as a couple of the
Dell's but died after a short uninspiring life. IBM seems to be out of the
market. The single Sony laptop I've had experience with has been very good
(disk died after 4 years and was replaced under Fry's extended warranty
after numerous hassels).
YMMV
-jeff