[OM] Re: E-500 in Amateur Photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 in Amateur Photographer
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:43:06 +0000
My gate swings the other way.  Probably comes with being old and slow.  I
haven't set my E-1 above 400 ISO yet, and at least 95 percent of the shots I've
made with it have been at 100.  And if you could take a peek inside my beer and
film fridge, with over 100 rolls of 35mm and 120 film, plus 500+ sheets of 6x9,
you wouldn't find anything faster than Tri-X, HP5, or Provia 400F, and not much
of either, not even as much as of Efke 25 and my increasingly precious stash of
Velvia 50.

Speed kills!  Slow and steady wins the race, and so on.  I do, though, shoot
sports, wildlife, even automobile and motorcycle races, and if I'm going to
shoot in the dim or the dark, I tend to use a big flash -- like a T45 -- or
two.  Let there be light!  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from