[OM] Re: OT: battery question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: battery question
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:39:59 -0600
On 11/13/05, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My guess is that your guages are very voltage insensitive and that
> LR44's are cheaper by the 100,000 lot than 357's.  Who knows, maybe a
> 357 will have a 10 year life in your instruments.
>
> You'll report back over the intervening years right here won't you?
> We'll be waiting.  Will the E-3 have been announced yet?
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Promise.  As for the E-3, I expect it will be declared DOA right on
this very list sometime in the intervening period. >:/

Actually, it will be interesting to see how long the 357s last.
There's no sleep state on a simple temp/humidity gauge, so the display
is constantly working.  The batteries just tend to die in the
off-season when you're not paying attention.  A bit like the OMs'
batts too.

Joel W.