[OM] Re: Tamron 80-200/2.8 vs. DZ 50-200

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 80-200/2.8 vs. DZ 50-200
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:09:10 +0000
I'll try to make at least a preliminary report next week.  B&H shipped my ZD
50-200 today, so it should be here Thursday, if all goes as it usually does.
The Tamron works quite well with the E-1, but the ZD is considerably smaller,
weighs about half as much, has autofocus and auto diaphragm, has no aperture
restrictions, talks fluently to the Great RAW maker, and, being several years
newer and designed specifically for digital, should -- I say "should" -- be
better optically.  And it has internal focusing, so the front element doesn't
rotate.  I'm still going to like the Tamron, though, just not for digital
anymore.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from