[OM] Re: More random thoughts :-)

Subject: [OM] Re: More random thoughts :-)
From: "Ian Manners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:52:05 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Piers

>Ian, I think you are mistaken as regards the archive at http://lists.tako.de

I wasnt refering to tako.de specificly, there were, and or are a couple
of others though I must confess to not having looked for a while.

And, having just looked at http://lists.tako.de, its good to see someone
who is more net savy archiving lists :-)

I created om@ address a while ago, around two years before using it
for the list with 0 spam, about 2-3 weeks after joining the list a trickle
of spam started which slowly increased. The other source of address's
spammers harvest is also from infected computers outlook address
books.

As I have my own domains, and host them myself, I simply use RBL's
which take care of most of it, and a filter for the rest of it which is auto
submitted to an rbl and government agency for stats purposes. If I'm
feeling really bored, I'll turn the RBL's off to keep the ACMA's server
busy :)

>- and to answer Graham's post another way, I have not received *any* of the
>propositions he mentioned.

Dont feel left out, we can always organise some for you ;-)

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.  Second marriage is
the triumph of hope over experience.