[OM] Re: OT Mammatus clouds

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Mammatus clouds
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 07:51:58 +0000
Fantastic Moose!  I learned about various cloud formations during my
flying training (met being of particular interest to sensible
pilots ;-)), but I had never seen mammatus until I got to Florida.
Then, they seemed often to precede twisters, where a "nipple" formed
and touched the land or sea (Tampa Bay).

But I have seen them in the UK occasionally over the last 2 years;
that might be climate change for us ...

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker