[OM] Re: 350 f-2.8 Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Re: 350 f-2.8 Zuiko
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:49:52 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005, James N. McBride wrote:

> I see the auction for this lens (7561685272) closed without a sale. The
> highest offer shown is the one I put in for $2100.27 which the seller
> rejected. I don't blame them for rejecting the offer but it would have been
> a good buy at that price. I thought one of you guys would jump on that one.
> That is a fine lens but it's very heavy. /jmac

If they were smart they would have accepted your offer :-)  I can't
understand why anyone would pay anywhere near their asking price.  You
really need to keep in mind that this lens, and likely all other exotic
OM lenses, are unserviceable should they need any parts.  One mishap and
you have an expensive door stop.  For the same price as his asking price
you could get a better new lens with AF and IS from the competition.  Or
even better yet get an E-1 with the 150/2, and it'll be cheaper :-)
                                        -mark