[OM] Strange behaviour of OM-2SP

Subject: [OM] Strange behaviour of OM-2SP
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:59:49 +0100
Hi, all.

I've got from the 'bay a near-mint OM-2S -- definitely not a fang,
but with the added value of the supplied 2-13 and a clean MC 50/1.4,
I think this was a good deal. Shutter and meter are accurate in all
modes, but I've discovered a couple of issues:

*The LCD illuminator doesn't work -- however, this is minor for me.

*In the mechanical speeds (B and red-60), the electronics don't
switch off: the LCD keeps working (in all modes) and in AUTO the OTF
keeps the shutter open until enough light has been integrated, even
in B after releasing the button -- I think this would be the normal
behaviour on the 2/2n, though. It's quite odd what it does in MANUAL
and B: I can hear a clicking sound, like clockwork, while keeping the
shutter open.

I can live quite well with this two issues -- I'm used to remove
batteries when using B on the OM-2n, and without them the red speeds
on this 2S work flawlessly!

I'm more than willing to keep this camera because of the extra value
on the screen etc, but I'd like to know if these are the symptoms of
a "certain death", or wether the camera is likely to work this way
for a (hopefully) long time.

OTOH, is there any known quick/easy fix for this?

Thanks a lot in advance,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxx>