[OM] Re: Eastern Oregon trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Eastern Oregon trip
From: "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:44:55 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 11:09 PM

> My land is on the Idaho side. It's about 35 miles east of Moscow and about
> 35 miles from Lewiston on a place called Big Bear Ridge. Here is a picture
> of one farm. The trees on the top extend down a deep canyon on the other
> side. There is a herd of about 50 elk that live there all year around.
> Also
> many deer and bear as well as wild turkeys. The canyon is very steep and
> there is a lot of food, cover and water so the animals survive the hunting
> pressure quite well.

Hi James,
Went along on a deer hunting trip near Deary with a couple of my uncles, my
buddy and his Dad.  We drove to the edge of a field and climbed over the
fence.  The canyon started right there.  Not only steep, but deep.  We
foolishly went down to the bottom.  If we had shot an animal at the bottom,
I don't know how we would have gotten it out. LOL  At the bottom, the canyon
was so narrow that you could stand in the middle and almost touch both
sides.  And I don't even like to remember the climb back out of there.  Used
to have some relatives in Kendrick, that owned a bar.  Don't remember their
names, though.
Paul in Portland OR