[OM] Re: Eastern Oregon trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Eastern Oregon trip
From: "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:22:10 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:09 PM

> We are about midway between Deary and Kendrick. Those trees are at the
> high
> point on the ridge. The main bar in Kendrick has been the Antelope Inn and
> it has changed hands several times. There are many steep canyons around
> there and hauling game up can really be a hassle. We have a few people
> drive
> across the fields to get at game and that is a major no-no. Vehicles have
> been known to acquire bullet holes for that offence. Not by me though.
> There
> are many deer in that area and there are frequent collisions with cars.
> Who
> are your uncles?  /jim

My uncles were Roy and Fred Ode.  I believe that it was Roy that knew the
ranch owner and he told us where to go.  There was sort of a road for
equipment that went to that fence.  This was in 1943 or 44 and I was just a
kid of 15 or 16.  More years ago than I like to think about. LOL  We did not
get any game, and later went to visit another friend of my uncle's near
Orofino.  On his ranch, they hunted with tree stands.  I do remember that it
was a wet muddy mess when we were in the Orofino area.  The ranch we visited
was up  a steep muddy dirt road a couple of miles long.
Paul in Portland OR