[OM] Re: Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 07:42:26 -0800 (PST)
> My question to the Olympus digital users on the list is, "What
> combination
> of features or lack there of would have you switch to one of
> the other  brands?"

Easy answer on this one.  I want a digital equivelent to the
OM-2S and/or OM-4T.  It has to have the ability to take ancient
Zuiko glass and be as simple to operate and intuitive as the 2S.
 Whoever gives me that, has my bucks.

"Featuritus" is probably the worst thing about modern digitals.
Unless you chimp and spend half your life confirming settings
you're probably guaranteed to screw something up.  With an OM
body, you loads your film, you sets your ISO to match said
films, you selects your exposure mode and you fires away.  And
with a classic single focal-length lens, you can concentrate on
the subject and ONLY on the subject.

When a digital hits the market that becomes an extension of your
mind like the classic OM bodies do, I don't care what the brand
says, I'll be interested.  I want a camera that can be 100%
adjusted by tactile feel.  I want to keep my eye on the subject,
not looking at displays (even in the viewfinder) to see what my
settings are.

Otherwise, to directly answer your question, if I had a pool of
high-end zillion-millimeter lenses available to me and I shot
lots of sports or something, then I'd convert to whatever brand.

But that 5D is awefully intruiging for shooting stock with.

Sounds like you were dealing with a case of pixel-envy.

AG

http://farechase.yahoo.com