[OM] Re: Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:10:33 EST

In a message dated 11/20/2005 9:42:59 A.M. Central Standard Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Sounds  like you were dealing with a case of  pixel-envy.

AG

Hmm, maybe but as they say, "The proof is in the pudding."  My e-1 is  still
allowing me to produce pretty nice pudding.

Here is a bit advantage Olympus that probably won't matter to many, however
it does to me.
As some on the list know, I do a bit of pinholing with my e-1, as well as
with several film cameras.  The e-1 is my tool of choice when creating  these
images.  While at the workshop this past week I probably sold 10  or 12 pinhole
body caps for the folks at Finney as I exhibited some of my  pinhole images.
When you are doing pinhole work, you have an opening to  the world on the
front of your camera which can let dust into your camera.   With an Olympus,
this
is not a major problem because of the sensor cleaning  technology.  I find
myself turning the camera off and on during my shoot  just in case the sensor
has
gotten dirty.  The other guys may find  themselves with an expensive sensor
cleaning problem after their pinhole  use.  This won't sell any e-1 cameras,
however it is a nice unexpected  benefit to me of owning the e-1.  Bill  Barber