[OM] Re: Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .
From: "James Royall" <jamesroyall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:09:17 +0000
Hi Bill,

I have the feeling you may have already explained this, but how do you
make your pinholes? Do you have a link to photos you've taken using the
E-1? I've been tempted by the process for a while and adding a suitably
pricked body cap to the camera bag sounds easier than carting round a
biscuit tin with a sheet of paper in it. I'm sure that old world
approach is probably more rewarding and truer to the spirit of the
pinhole thing, but I ain't gonna do it, I'm sure.

James

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:10:33 EST, NSURIT@xxxxxxx said:

> In a message dated 11/20/2005 9:42:59 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Sounds  like you were dealing with a case of  pixel-envy.
>
> AG
>

> Hmm, maybe but as they say, "The proof is in the pudding."  My e-1 is
> still
> allowing me to produce pretty nice pudding.
>

> Here is a bit advantage Olympus that probably won't matter to many,
> however
> it does to me.
> As some on the list know, I do a bit of pinholing with my e-1, as well as
> with several film cameras.  The e-1 is my tool of choice when creating
> these
> images.  While at the workshop this past week I probably sold 10  or 12
> pinhole
> body caps for the folks at Finney as I exhibited some of my  pinhole
> images.
> When you are doing pinhole work, you have an opening to  the world on the
> front of your camera which can let dust into your camera.   With an
> Olympus, this
> is not a major problem because of the sensor cleaning  technology.  I
> find
> myself turning the camera off and on during my shoot  just in case the
> sensor has
> gotten dirty.  The other guys may find  themselves with an expensive
> sensor
> cleaning problem after their pinhole  use.  This won't sell any e-1
> cameras,
> however it is a nice unexpected  benefit to me of owning the e-1.  Bill
> Barber

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx
  James Royall