[OM] Re: Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad Company or one toke over the line sweet Jesus . . .
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:24:06 +1100
That is indeed the annoying thing. When you consider that there are
only five real variables - shutter, aperture, ISO, white balance and
focus mode, how the hell can cameras like the E-500 justify well over
a hundred options? By the time you've navigated through that lot and
learned what they all mean, you may as well have learned how to do it
properly.

As to the single focal length - that's why I liked the Ricoh GR-
Digital. When you only have 28mm or 21mm as options, some thought is
required. And it had REALLY simple access to the three main tweak
controls - White Balance, Exposure Comp. and ISO were controlled by
one wheel button - press it to select the menu overlay and roll it to
scroll through the three. Hard to explain but fast magic in use.

I loved it and would love to see some of its layout options adopted
by the pro DSLR's.
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/a_week_with_a_ricoh_gr_digital

AndrewF