[OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:47:02 +1100
Will he take a check? :)
The escrow function deals with this problem - you pay but it's held
in trust until you release it. This technique is favored by murkins
for big purchases I believe but not well known elsewhere (prolly due
to unfamiliarity with the word escrow!) The escrow sites are third
party operations, like the sniper sites, which charge a commission fee.
Is there a facility like that available somewhere in the UK?
AndrewF
(Oh, and if he listed the chassis number then you can bet that it
isn't stolen - or that he knows how to change a chassis number!)