[OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:00:06 -0000
Chris Barker wrote:

> You could do PayPal on collection as well, Simon.  Have a look at the
> item then, when you're happy, head off to a computer somewhere and
> make the payment.

I thought about that. It would be a doddle. Laptop with Vodafone card,
both of which I already have. But I felt it looked too untrusting. With
cash there is a very good excuse for paying on the day, but not with
PayPal.

> An alternative would be a banker's draft, but I don't think you can
> stop payment with one of those.

No, they're tantamount to cash, but a lot of folk don't like them as
nobody really knows what they look like and they're extremely easy to
forge.

> In the end, there has to be a certain amount of risk a well as trust

Yes, indeed. I'm trying to balance that in my favour without upsetting
the chap!

Regards,

Simon