[OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought
From: "Dave Bell" <david.w.bell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:15:31 -0000
Simon,

I recently bought a car off e-bay. I live in Glasgow  Seller in Nottingham.

I made a deposit by paypal and took a bank draft with me for the balance
when I flew down for the car.

There is always a risk when you deal at a distance, however I tried to
establish a good dialogue with the seller (exchanging e-mails , getting pics
etc. ) I feel I got comfortable with the transaction before I placed the
winning bid.

Regarding the caravan, you should be able to get lots of info from e.g
caravan club website, Prices are well documented. HPI for any outstanding
finance on the van. Ask all the questions.

If you can't do that walk away. There's always another deal waiting to be
done.

Best of Luck

Dave