[OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:15:38 -0000
Dave Bell wrote:

> There is always a risk when you deal at a distance, however I
> tried to establish a good dialogue with the seller (exchanging
> e-mails , getting pics etc. ) I feel I got comfortable with
> the transaction before I placed the winning bid.

I thought I had a good dialogue with this chap. Several e-mails and a
fairly long phone conversation. But then he withdrew the van from sale.
Odd.

> Regarding the caravan, you should be able to get lots of info from
> e.g caravan club website, Prices are well documented. HPI for any
> outstanding finance on the van. Ask all the questions.

Yes, although the chassis number we were given wasn't complete, they did
their best to search and were very helpful.

> If you can't do that walk away. There's always another deal waiting to
be done.

It was exactly what we wanted, and the first one to come up for at least
6 months.

Regards,

Simon