[OM] Re: Oly P-10, P-11 Digi Photo Printers

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly P-10, P-11 Digi Photo Printers
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:45:26 +1100
A local store was offering both the P-10 and the Canon Selphy CP-400
for equivalent US$75 - they had a shipload of them. I already had the
Canon but bought a P-10 just to try it out. Disappointing. It's four
times the size and the results are poor in comparison. It is nowhere
near my screen images while the Canon is very close - the skinny
manual suggests in troubleshooting that if the prints are off, your
monitor needs recalibrating. Rubbish.
Also, there are fewer paper types available - the Canon offers a
longer semi-panoramic 8"x4" size and the standard print has the
postcard format printed on the back, all ready to go. I can pack the
Canon with all its bits into a small case with a digicam and work on
the go, giving people instant prints. Or post them. Nice.
The final test - I tried to print directly from an E-500 - terrible.
Way off the exposure and dull as a mud puddle.
A great disappointment. The Canon is much better thought out.
AndrewF