[OM] Re: Another AP article full of praise

Subject: [OM] Re: Another AP article full of praise
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:46:12 +1100
Hope you don't mean me by that - I'm firmly of the opinion that 97%
of Romans spoke a demotic Latin which had little to do with the
fancy, high class stuff that these guys are arguing about. Rather
like no modern Greek speaks anything but the demotic form unless s/
he's trying to impress and confuse.
Now if you'll excuse me, i must go and ablate the gerunds. And i
won't be wearing a metal frock either - it rides up and chafes.
AndrewF