[OM] Re: ICC Profiles

Subject: [OM] Re: ICC Profiles
From: chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 04:09:50 +0000
My Monaco EzColor kit manages to dispense with the expensive spectrophotometer
by using software and a flatbed scanner to scan an IT8 target on the flatbed
and:
1)  profile the scanner
2)  profile the printer using print output fed through the scanner.

It can also accomplish both tasks simultaneously by scanning both the included
IT8 target and a printed target at the same time.

It's this part that I haven't gotten to yet.  I got the kit just before leaving
on a Thanksgiving trip.  Hope to find out how well it actually works next week.

Chuck Norcutt