[OM] Re: Olympus marketing

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus marketing
From: Jim Brokaw <j.l.brokaw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:20:54 -0800
on 11/23/05 8:34 PM, Ali at oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have to say that I am impressed with Olympus's marketing campaign. Via
> the Net and Print. This evening while reading Best Life Magazine...I
> came across a nice PR ad by Olympus supporting Colon Cancer. Olympus
> will donate a portion of Stylus sales to a foundation for Colon Cancer.
> Very nice!

Olympus has a pretty strong business in "scopes" which are used to
investigate the colon for cancer, polyps, etc. I suppose convincing more
people 'of a certain age' to get the necessary exam might end up being in
their self-interest, though having the side effect of perhaps uncovering
cancers in time to save the persons so afflicted. I guess the could be like
a crown maker promoting visits to the dentist... only from the other end's
point of view.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...