[OM] (OM) Flight in a GroB + use of an E-1

Subject: [OM] (OM) Flight in a GroB + use of an E-1
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:43:58 +1300
Hi Chris,

Seems to work fine with Opera 3.62; could see all pages as far as I can tell -
which is more that what applies to some other sites of members

http://www.threeshoes.co.uk/tutor

By the way, if it seems I have been somewhat quiet lately, this is partly due
to what I have been doing with this

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/SFR/

I have found the E-1 + Zuiko 50/3.5 macro combination to be ideal for
copying old photos. May not be perfect, but still good. It is amazing the
detail it can pick out of photos (prints) that are in some cases more than 100
years old and which look to be devoid of much detail in clothing, for example.
Much better than my flat-bed scanner.

I doubt that this sort of archive will be so abundant when the generation of
my children have been dead for 60 + years. Electronic images will not keep
so well as silver prints. Some I have are 130 years old, and getting older
every day (strange, that).    We have sent out 1,050 invitations.

Brian