[OM] Re: Printer profile for an Epson SP1270 photo printer

Subject: [OM] Re: Printer profile for an Epson SP1270 photo printer
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:09:09 -0000
A printer profile on its own will not help you greatly Robert.  Your final
result will depend on the paper and ink used - and the generic printer
profile (if you find one) may well not be based on your choice of
consumables.  There has been a recommendation this week for one custom
profiling service, and I will add another - www.drycreekphoto.com - copy the
test pages from the site, print them using your printer with your choice of
paper and ink, then send the results back to Ethan Hansen who will profile
"your printer with your choice of paper and ink" and send you a custom
profile.  If you have the rest of your system profiled, you should be well
set up.

I can also join the chorus recommending Monaco EZColor + Optix XR, although
the free upgrade to XR doesn't work outside USA - even though X-Rite emailed
me about it :-(

--
Piers