[OM] Re: Royalty

Subject: [OM] Re: Royalty
From: "Roger Key" <rogerdkey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:00:21 +0100
Regarding foreign royalty, George W. Bush drove past the front of our house
a couple of months ago (we live on an outer ring road to Copenhagen) when he
visited our prime minister to say happy birthday and thank him for the
presence of Danish troops in Iraq. The road was closed for around half an
hour, together with one of our major motorways leading into Copenhagen. At
least the local council really cleaned up the road beforehand, sweeping it,
cutting the grass, burning off the weeds, and welding shut all our drain
covers along the road. When I took our dogs for a walk around the lake on
the other side of the road about an hour before I was closely examined by
armed troops in a helicopter at very close range (around 50 meters height).
When George drove by, I was standing by the side of the road with two large
bags on my bicycle - I was waiting to cycle to work, but had to wait for him
to pass, as no cyclists were allowed.
Just as well I did not have a bomb in my bags; the many police had not
checked for that.
The total bill for a 16 hour visit was astronomical, by the way......

Roger Key