[OM] Re: Best compact flash card

Subject: [OM] Re: Best compact flash card
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:41:00 -0800
C.H.Ling wrote:

>Sometimes copy too less file can cause error in report of copy time, the
>data may be still in the buffer but not fully write to the hard disk.
>Pre-select of file may also copy them into the memory buffer of your
>computer especially with camera maker software that you do not know what
>they are doing. I always do test with 500MB-1GB for card readers, I have
>tried at least three USB2.0 card readers but no one gives over 3MB/sec.

I just grabbed the numbers that came easily to hand. I have downloaded
full 1gb cards with about the same throughput. I just didn't document
it. The card reader did what I wanted and I didn't make any formal
record, I'm afraid.

The first card reader I had was a Lexar USB1.1 card that came bundled
with a 64mb card some time ago. It was stone slow and didn't seem to
work with another brand of card.

Moose