[OM] Re: Best compact flash card

Subject: [OM] Re: Best compact flash card
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:14:41 -0500
I find these recent reports on the Extreme III rather interesting.
Earlier reports at Galbraith's site (I think on the 20D) were showing
the Extreme III as only about 10% faster than the Ultra II.  Given its
much higher price I didn't think it worthwhile.  Apparently the Extreme
III was waiting for a camera that could take advantage of it.  Kudos to
the E-300 and E-500; especially since the E-1 didn't break any new
ground in file performance.  Of course, some of the other cameras manage
to make ther raw files much smaller and so compete in a different way.

Chuck Norcutt