[OM] Re: Anyone with Nikon rangefinder experience?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone with Nikon rangefinder experience?
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:15:41 -0500
Jmes,

Which camera did you snag?  The older, knob-wind S cameras are a nice evolution
of the late-model Contax, with some improvments...But usually they're in need
of cleaning, and the prism RF's can be very hard to get truly clean.  $175 for
good CLA is average

If it's got lever wind, then it's an S2, S3, S4 or SP.  The SP is the best of
the bunch.  Stephen Gandy's site is tops.  I've also got the Nikon Rangefinder
book of you need any detailed info.  Email me offlist at skipwilliams at
pobox.com.

If it's a lever-wind model, it's worth good money, especially if it's in nice
shape.  Check out http://www.kevincameras.com/ for a nice view of retail values.

Skip