[OM] Re: Epson 1270 printing problems

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson 1270 printing problems
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:02:27 -0600
On 11/28/05, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joel
>
> Bad luck old bean!  But there again, perhaps you will be able to sell
> the feeder and offset the cost of a new printer ... ;-)
>
> I am justifying the purchase of a feeder on the grounds of "spend-to-
> save".  It was a technique that worked in the Ministry of Defence
> (e.g. let's buy some new, more powerful engines for this aircraft as
> it will use less fuel and require less servicing as a result ...).
>
> I am assured by the advertising that it is cheaper in the long term
> to have a feeder system; nothing can possibly go wrong ;-)
>
> Chris

Odd, I hadn't thought about trying to sell the thing.  It's very
fiddly to set up and dedicated to the 1160.  I just don't have the
salesperson bone in my head, I guess.

When it was working, it was one of my favorite possessions.  It worked
very well and was a breeze to maintain.  The trick is that nothing
works so well in an Epson printer as Epson inks.  But if you're OK
with close or want to try different exotics, it's the way to go.

Joel W.