[OM] Re: Monaco Optix XR

Subject: [OM] Re: Monaco Optix XR
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:09:01 -0600
On 11/28/05, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I sent a support email describing the problem, asking what information they
> needed from me for a resolution.  Had an initial response within an hour,
> and a very clear explanation, illustration and recommendation in a similar
> timeframe after my followup.  The scanner problem was completely resolved
> without the usual "please downlaod the latest drivers, re-install the
> software and we will take it from there" kind of response.
>
> That wasn't the end of my problems, I needed help with one printer, sent a
> further email to support.  Guess what?  I got a phone call to talk me
> through my problem and the workaround.
>
> That kind of support (from the UK distributor) is very unusual in my
> experience, and counts for a very great deal.

Congrats.  That's very good news.

> The same distributor handles the Spyder, but the tech I was speaking to
> seemed very reluctant to offer any opinion on that particular product.

I'm curious.  Do you interpret this to mean that the person was
negative about the Spyder, or that it wasn't apt to be helpful in a
conversation largely devoted to getting your Optix working correctly.

FWIW, I have a Colorvision pre-Spyder calibration device that
continues to work very well for me.  I haven't felt the need to pursue
an alternative.

Joel W.