[OM] Re: Monaco Optix XR

Subject: [OM] Re: Monaco Optix XR
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:56:23 +0100
I have been using the Monaco Optix XR to profile my monitor for almost 2 years
now and am very satisfied. I use the "standard" version, not the Pro one. I
wouldn't mind upgrading, but... :-)

However, I have never tried calibrating the (oldish) printer (EPSON Stylus
Photo 890) as well. Piers, what printer are you using, and have you found that
the profile you made using MonacoEZColor software was better than the
EPSON-provided profiles? I am rather satisfied with the EPSON profiles for the
Matte Paper Heavyweight and ColorLife papers, although the prints often tend to
be darker than the screen (I attribute this to the viewing conditions of my
screen rather than an inaccuracy of the profile), but the colors are consistent
with what I see on screen - mostly, but not quite. Would MonacoEZColor  allow
me to make a custom profile which might improve on this?

I also have a scanner (Nikon Coolscan IV ED) which could perhaps benefit from
being profiled - although I do mostly digital these days, I still have a whole
bunch of slides to scan!

Bernard