[OM] Re: Monaco Optix XR

Subject: [OM] Re: Monaco Optix XR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:48:57 -0800
Piers Hemy wrote:

>It's hard for me to answer your question objectively, Joel, because we
>didn't discuss the other product, so anything I say is simply my impression.
>Further, the same distributor handles both products, so you would hardly
>expect tech support to bad-mouth either product.  The context was my comment
>that the Optix/EZColor documentation was a bit shallow, but tech support had
>fully recovered the position, and I would be sure to pass on the good news
>to this list, given (a) recent interest in profiling products and (b) some
>less-than-wholly-laudatory comments about the Spyder. The 'response@ to the
>latter point gave me the feeling that tech support had plenty more
>experience with support for that product; weren't at all surprised by its
>reputation; and were not willing to jump to its defence.  But that was just
>my impression from little more than a grunt, your impression might have
>varied.

In the SmartShooter review, there is a comment, "The original OPTIX kit
used a totally different puck and would not have made our recommended
list.   Since the new puck was added, and the software tweaked, this is
really "the" entry level product in our opinion."

So it is possible for support opinions to be largely based on a prior
device.

Moose