[OM] Re: Dented M-1 description on yabe

Subject: [OM] Re: Dented M-1 description on yabe
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:36:10 -0800
I can understand making a mistake but when you are asked about it I would
expect that most people would be very careful.

I recently won a yabe auction for an OM-1 with recordata back, that was
described as mint. After I won the auction the seller said he noticed a dent
on the prism housing when he was packing it and asked if I wanted to go
through with the deal. We agreed to go through with the deal with the price
lowered $20.

He had taken fairly good photos but somehow the light just managed to mask
the rather obvious dent. It's hard to believe he didn't see the dent when he
set it up to take the photo. The deal was okay for me because I wanted the
recordata back. I can't help but wonder if he would have got any bids
besides mine if he advertised it as having a dented prism housing.

In the case of the M-1, the dent is pretty easy to see in the photo. If the
ultimate buyer receiving the dented M-1 complains about the dent, I wonder
if he will say the dent is obvious in the photo, and that the text was an
unimportant typo. I think anyone paying $400 for what is basically an OM-1
will be pretty cautious. The seller may be setting himself up for problems
after the sale.

It will be interesting to see if he gives you the same answer he gave me.

-jef

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have asked him, too. Maybe he'll change the description if we all ask
him!!!!?

Simon