[OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?

Subject: [OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:49:43 -0800
Parzival Herzog wrote:

>I have purchased cameras, lenses, accessories from them, through Eb*y and
>their web site (henrys.com). They give excellent quick service, they have
>real people who do things right away on the phone. Eb*y merchandise is always
>well and accurately described, they often offer a 6-month warranty.
>
>They are definitely prepared to sell to the U.S., their web site offers to
>shop in U.S. dollars. Being in Canada, I have no idea how the cross-border
>shipping issues work out, i.e. customs and security delays, piratical courier
>company brokerage fees etc.

I have bought many camera items from Canada, including from Henry's and
never had any trouble with the mail, Customs, etc. A couple of times,
things have taken longer than I throught they should, but never anything
damages. lost or any charges on receipt. The US doesn't suffer from all
those ills we hear horror stories about from Europe.

Moose